Are you, or talented folks in your network, looking for unique opportunities to help your community? Community Partners in Caring, established in 1997, is a Volunteer Caregiving nonprofit organization engaged in recruiting, training, and managing volunteers who provide free non-medical support services to older seniors who lack the family support needed to sustain daily living.
Our agency has grown exponentially during the past four years and continues to grow. We were recently named Nonprofit of the Year for the 37th California Assembly and Senior Program of the Year by our local Area Agency on Aging. We are currently recruiting new board members to help steer the organization toward a sustainable future, meet the needs of frail dependent seniors, and ensure the organization has adequate resources to advance its mission. The organization is led by an effective executive director and dedicated support staff, committed to excellence and service.
This is a great opportunity for community members to contribute to the great impact Community Partners in Caring continues to have on the community. Currently, we have opened up opportunities for 5 NEW board members with expertise in the following areas:
- Financial Management or Accounting
- Fundraising (individual and corporate donors/partners)
- Health Care (geriatrics)
Why become a volunteer Board member at Community Partners in Caring? You have the desired expertise, are ready to expand your Board experience by sharing your talents, and are deeply concerned about the following:
- The infrastructure needed to support our ever growing senior population is lacking.
- More and more dependent seniors are experiencing barriers to accessing basic needs, such as food, preventive care, and medical care.
- Older seniors discharged from hospitals are going home to an empty house and empty refrigerators.
- Long-distance family caregivers are over-stretched emotionally and financially as they struggle to balance work/life while caring for an older loved one.
- Older seniors are living in daily isolation.
- Seniors age 65 and older now account for almost 1 in 5 suicides.
We have a problem and may very well have a bigger problem in the future if we don’t do something about this. By becoming an active board member, you become part of the solution. Our community has this to say about our program:
- “Thank you for all the rides to my therapist, doctor visits, and all the places I could not have gotten to without your help. You have removed the stress that comes with not being able to get to these appointments. Thank you.”
- “Your volunteer gave me a ride home from eye surgery. She was so cheerful and fun to talk to. Thank you a thousand times.”
- “Mom lives alone and work keeps me living in a different state. I feel better knowing your agency is there to help care for my mom when I can’t.”
Would you like to join us in our mission to help older dependent seniors? Board member applications will be considered on a rolling basis and positions filled as the ideal candidates are identified. Please do share this announcement with other folks who may be interested. Board meetings are held monthly. You may contact the Board President, Chuen Ng, by calling the office at 805-925-0125 so that a message can be routed to him or you can send an e-mail via our online contact form. In the subject line write “Board Membership.” You can also download the Board Member Application here.
We look forward to connecting with you!
In gratitude and appreciation,
Community Partners in Caring Board of Directors